Tuesday, June 30, 2009

NACE CIP Level 1 Course & Certifications


Photo session on Exam Day








This June (15th - 20th) I have to attend one technical course held in Prince hotel..this course entitled NACE International coating inspector certification..one of the main course for those who inspired to go for International Accredited "Corrosion technologist" certification with NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineer)..kita ni cuba2 lah nasib moga2 dapatlah increase knowledge and expand the network...Link to NACE..
http://www.nace.org/content.cfm?parentid=1001&currentID=1001




I have to tell that this course was one of the most intense course and no joke, you did not get to go out enjoy or go shopping although Pavillion and Bukit Bintang are situated just back of the hotel where you're staying.. we were assessed on 3 areas: 1) Written exams with 250 MCQ questions, 2) Practical exam where you need to complete all 8 sections of inspection task for 8 minutes each and 3) Logbook - day out at a fab yard doing surface preparation, blasting, painting and inspection all the way through.....huuuuu...and worst of all you need to get 70% at least for EACH (not combined) 3 assessment to pass and get the license tag/card from NACE...uwaaaaa....rasa nak nangis pun ader...


The only thing that you do every evening right after the course (we finish at around 6pm btw) was to have dinner (room services, or at the restaurant at the lobby/at the hotels), then go straight back to respective rooms to study (uwaaaa) ..to course notes and struggle hard to memorize for the exam on the last day...hmmmmmmm, sigh....terbayang2 dlm mata coach bag on clearance 30% kat Pavillion tu....but what can I do, my hands are tight!!




Muka2 separuh lega selepas practical exam.. the guy with the white beard (Jack) was one of the lecturer..muka sebijij cam Prof kat Uni


Since I was not very well, batuk2 dan selsema, am the one who always fall asleep in the class due to the medication effect..ngantuk giler beb dgr omputeh dari Australia tu dok ngok ngek for hours..I was caught red-handed doozing off..zzzzzz (mataku sudah tertutup pun) dalam kelas..but thanks Jack & Rob and other friends, I did learnt a lot....despite kadang2 tertidur!!


On my last day after the exam ended, Rob announced that everybody passed the logbook and practical session but we still need to wait for the results from the written exam....what a relief!!but there is another one more to go..the written exam result!!




Rob was kind enough to give me the kind remark on our last lunch.."despite you are under medication and unwell, you did very well for the 2 assessment"..hahahahha, "I wonder how will you do if you are otherwise/well"..hmmmm, I felt that was a really good compliment!! Just what I've needed after the whole 6 days of misery..felt like your back to university days studying hard for the degree/SPM masa Form 5 dulu..exams...God give me a million but I don't want to go back to that time...tensen beb!!





Sempat posing tunggu turn masuk written exam hall.. Miko, Day, Ah Liong, Cameron...


So, after the end of the day, everyone bid farewell and headed home...and the countdown starts for the final results of the written exams...




After 7 days, a friend of mine announced that the results is out!! My hands started to tremble and tekak rasa kering ajer...as I slowly clicked the website and access the student scores online...








slowly key-in the password and details of my exam code, the moment of truth finally reveal.....




jeng...jeng...jeng...



Yeah, Alhamdulillah I passed!! My average scores was abt 90, so it was kinda good for org yang tak lah giler2 study!! Lega betul rasanya!! Bersyukur pada Tuhan..semoga all the experience and knowledge that I gained can be use for good deeds and shared among my friends!!


2 comments:

Hazey said...

Congrat Babe.... Ko memang terer sejak dulu lagi.... ingat tak, masak sekolah dulu, dah tidor pun boleh bangun balik, sbb homework tak siap lagi.....

rugratseja said...

hahaha
tima kacih..tu mmg + luck skali kot..asyik tido jer dlm kelas